OK byu fans, I will give this to you, your team is better than last year, and congrats for beating a top 5 team. Now that being said lets not get too ahead of ourselves, first of all everyone that knows anything about college football knows that week 1 rankings do not mean dick. Does anyone remember Utah beating the juggernaut team in Michigan, Then to find out the rest of the season they sucked. I'm not saying that Oklahoma is on the level that Michigan was on, but lets break it down to all the byu fans who are too blinded by the spirit to look at the facts. first of all how good would a byu team be without Dennis Pitta, OK take that into consideration how good would a byu team be with max hall being injured, My argument is not to downgrade byu, but to let it be seen that the sooners were a very overrated team under the circumstances. lets not forget that before the SAM Bradford injury, the score was 10-7 in the sooners favor, that is a bigger split at the end of the game in which multiple byu fans have told me that they are "freakin dominant". let it be stated that every game that byu wins I am mad-happy, I am not a byu supporter, but I am a mt. west supporter. Its good to see byu actually contributing to the good of the conference, maybe you should have better than a .350 bowl winning average.(.786 Utah)
that might of helped in the past to contribute. my final thought of the day is that if byu fans think that the sooners game was their hardest game to be played, they are sorely mistaken, and lets see if the sooners can beat Idaho state next week without Bradford. remember you still have Florida state, tcu, and the always barn burner (in exception of last year)utah, all which whom I think are better than Oklahoma. thanks for your time, and criticism is very much welcome unless your one of those byu fans who say that "its the lords team", or refere to the endzone as "the promised land", or that the hash marks are the cause of makin funeral potatoes.
3 comments:
Amen to that Brother MUB.
agree with all of the above, except the part about predicting the sooners lose to ISU. ISU has the crappiest football program ever! If the sooners lose next week they should just give up the rest of the season
Mub, the only thing that I will say is injuries or not, they beat them. They didn't dominate, just beat a good team. You are right, week 1 rankings don't mean shit, but lets wait and see what OU does, and not assume that they will tank it like Michigan. I guess time will tell. I'll leave you with this, the OU game wasn't BYU's most important game, its this week, and the following, and the following, etc. The victory means nothing, unless they can capitalize like Utah did last year! Say your prayers Amen!
Post a Comment